Employment Coach x 10 Roles
Job Title: Employment Coach
Salary: Fixed Term Contract - Circa £26,000 however this can be negotiable for exceptional applicants
Based: Predominantly home based with some office based delivery (offices are located in Manchester, Salford and Trafford)
Hours of work: Full-time and Part-time hours available
Holiday Allowance: 25 days plus 8 Bank holidays
The Growth Company are looking for 10 confident, target driven and vibrant Employment Coaches to join our fast-paced JETS programme. The successful candidates will play an integral part in the City Region’s recovery from Covid 19 by helping unemployed clients to find work.
The Employment Coach will actively engage with individual participants with the aim of supporting them to obtain sustainable employment. This will involve supporting participants in a dynamic and challenging labour market, to develop effective job gaining skills in addition to job matching and employer liaison. The Employment Coach will be responsible for achieving individual targets associated with the JETS Programme
- Working with participants to provide support, guidance and motivation as they seek employment.
- Support participants to overcome barriers to employment.
- Work proactively in a changing labour market to identify vacancies and job options for participants.
- Work closely with Vacancy Team colleagues to ensure there is effective communication (enabling colleagues to seek vacancies to meet participant skills and also to promote existing vacancies and growth sectors to participants).
- Responsible for achieving targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Build strong and positive relationships with participants, enabling them to make well informed choices and appropriately diagnose their areas of support, leading to the joint development of an action plan.
- Utilisation of a multi-channel platform where, through a range of digital, video and telephony capability, participants are provided with the flexibility to decide how, when and the frequency with which they engage.
- Utilising specific systems as a single point of digital access for all participants
- Responsible for making the right connections with local services, through a multi-agency approach
- May be required to facilitate groups on an ad hoc basis
- Will provide in work support, as required, for participants
- To ensure that all required entry to IT systems is accurate and compliant and documentation relating to the participant is completed and maintained in an accurate, compliant, timely and respectful manner.
- Carry out associated administration work including report writing, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and audit and review of records
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of job outcomes and sustained outcomes for customers
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions to at least Grade 2 standard
- Working with and placing individual customers into suitable and sustained employment
- Experience in the guidance, advice & counselling environments
- Up to date knowledge of the Greater Manchester labour market, particularly in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting individuals with multiple barriers to progressing to employment and sustained employment
- Knowledge of recruiting and growth sectors in the Greater Manchester labour market
- A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with customers that support their progression to sustained employment
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply Growth Company values: Make a positive difference, stronger together, empower people, do the right thing, build on success
Please refer to the attached Role Profile for a full job description and the skills and qualifications needed.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button below. As part of our application process you will be asked to register with our Careers site, a one off process which will give you access to some great features such as application tracking, interview slot self selection and vacancy e-mail alerts. Once registered you will then have the option of applying via your LinkedIn profile, uploading your CV or completing our online application form. If you're already registered with us you will be asked to login before continuing with your application.
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be sent by e-mail so we advise that you check your inbox and Spam folder regularly.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to complete an online application form a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This check will be conducted by Due Dilligence Limited (DDC Ltd) on behalf of The Growth Company. Please note that the successful candidate will not be required to pay for this.
The Growth Company particularly encourages applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are currently under-represented within the organisation.
The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Pre-covid, part of our recruitment strategy was to discuss any suggestions from candidates as to how the responsibilities of any of our roles could be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location. Now we are following the government’s advice for all our staff to work from home where possible. Going forward we will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles.
Should you apply for any of our roles, we will be following a virtual recruitment process with online interviews, as well as online assessments (where required). This will be explained to you further, should you reach interview stage. Face to face interviews will only take place where absolutely necessary. At all times we follow government guidelines in relation to Covid-19 in order to safeguard our employees or anyone visiting our sites. Should a face to face meeting be required, we will be more than happy to explain the measures we have put in place, ahead of you attending any of our premises.
Reasonable adjustments for interviews, whether virtual or face to face, will be considered.