Digital Careers Adviser
The Growth Company’s Employment team are looking to recruit a Digital Careers Adviser to deliver effective, tailored labour market focused careers information, advice and guidance to customers across North West via multi-channel contact centre.
- Ensure customers receive a multi-channel National Careers Service offer, personalised to meet individual needs, to develop career management skills, encourage independence and lead to sustained learning and job outcomes
- Utilise labour market information, training provisions and employer links in order to support customers to achieve required outcomes to enable customers to progress into sustained employment and/or gain new qualifications
- Handling customer contacts from the telephone and National Careers Service website (web chat and email), and carry out highly effective triaging, identifying customer needs and required delivery method to provide support required
- Deliver personalised support to customers via appropriate channels including social media, email, web chat and telephone. The provision is ‘digital by default’
- Provide a high-quality service to ensure customer satisfaction including the provision of bespoke action plan for relevant customers
- Ensure that all contacts are handled within the appointed KPI’s
- Work proactively with colleagues across the network to maximise the follow up and tracking of customer outcomes and ease the evidence generation process
- Carry out associated administration work including developing action plans, use of CRM / omnichannel systems, digital appointment booking system including MI to support service delivery and reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the National Service Standards and funding rules
- Ensure delivery exceeds Education Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and Matrix standards
- Take part in observations, assess and reflect on own delivery, act on feedback, including
- Undertaking CPD
- To work flexibly to fit the service working hours including evenings, Saturdays and some bank holidays on a rota basis
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market – routes into the labour market and knowledge of progression routes including knowledge of local education, training and specialist service provision
- Knowledge of Matrix and Ofsted standards and the application of these in a Careers IAG environment. A warm, approachable style to delivery is required in order to build relationships and rapport
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply GC values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, Empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success Recent experience of delivering advice and guidance as well as job or learning outcomes in a target driven environment
- Experience of proactively using a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Experience of managing a caseload of customers for whom specific outcomes are achieved in a guidance, skills or welfare to work setting
- Contact centre experience - Desirable
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of outcomes for National Careers Service customers
- High level guidance skills to Ofsted Grade 2 standard with the ability to diagnose and assess customer needs, use LMI effectively, motivate customers, empowering them to progress, via telephone, email and webchat
- Good digital literacy skills and able to multi-task between various channels and platforms in the delivery of information advice and guidance. This includes promoting and supporting customers to use various online digital tools, websites, social media channels, software packages to support learning
- Effective networking and partnership skills
- High level of organisation and planning skills with effective case loading
- Ability to follow procedures and requirements to deliver high quality IAG interventions and meet compliance requirements
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team whilst in remote working environment
Applicants with Level 3 IAG qualifications will be considered if willing to commit and work towards gaining Level 4 qualifications
GC has now committed to ‘Ban the Box’. Ban the Box is a campaign to increase opportunities for people with convictions to compete for jobs. We’re supporting the campaign by removing conviction questions at the applications stage.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to complete an online application form a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This check will be conducted by Due Dilligence Limited (DDC Ltd) on behalf of The Growth Company. Please note that the successful candidate will not be required to pay for this.
As part of our commitment to increase the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum requirements for a role who are Disabled or from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
As part of our application process, you can ask to be considered under this scheme if you are from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic community of have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. Providing that you meet the minimum criteria for the role, you’ll then be invited for an interview. Your guaranteed interview application will only be shared with the recruiting Manager and our Internal Recruitment team.
If you require support with the recruitment process, please contact or Internal Recruitment team at email@example.com or call us on 0161 237 4447.
The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Going forward we will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles.
Should you apply for any of our roles, we will be completing interviews virtually or face to face, dependent on the role. This will be explained further should you reach interview stage. We will be more than happy to explain the measures we have put in place, ahead of you attending any of our premises.
Reasonable adjustments for interviews, whether virtual or face to face, will be considered.